Starbucks Rewards™ FAQs
Starbucks Rewards™ FAQs - Khmer
Section 1: Questions About Starbucks Card
1. What is a Starbucks Card?
A Starbucks Card is a physical Starbucks branded plastic card that is a reusable card that customers can load or reload money onto and use to make purchases at participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia only.
2. Where can I get a Starbucks Card?
Starbucks Cards are available at all participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia.
3. How do I activate my Starbucks Card?
Starbucks Card must be activated at the minimum value of US$5 per card for the first use.
4. Where can I use my Starbucks Card?
Starbucks Cards are accepted at all participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia only.
5. Can I use my Starbucks Card issued in Cambodia when I travel internationally?
Starbucks Cards issued in Cambodia cannot be used in any other locations. The Starbucks Card can only be used at all participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia only.
6. How do I register my Starbucks Card?
It's easy and only takes a few minutes to register your Starbucks Card through the Starbucks® Cambodia app or https://card.starbucks.com.kh. In addition to the required personal information, you'll need your card's 16-digit number and its CSC (Card Security Code), which is an 8-digit number that can be found under the scratch-off coating on the back of your card.
7. Why should I register my Starbucks Card at https://card.starbucks.com.kh or through the Starbucks® Cambodia app?
Registering your Starbucks Card at https://card.starbucks.com.kh or through the Starbucks® Cambodia app signs you up to enjoy Starbucks Rewards™ Program in Cambodia. With a registered card, you can manage your card and balance in a variety of ways online. You can also protect the balance of your registered Starbucks card if it's lost, stolen or destroyed.
8. How do I reload my Starbucks Card?
You can reload your Starbucks Card at any participating Starbucks store in Cambodia by cash or credit/debit card.
9. How do I report a lost or stolen Starbucks Card?
If your Starbucks Card is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you may lose the Starbucks Card balance, except for the Star balance, unless your Starbucks Card is a registered Starbucks Card. Please call Customer Care Center in Cambodia at 023 986 591 or log-in and notify at https://card.starbucks.com.kh mobile application to report that your registered Starbucks card is lost, stolen or destroyed. Our opening hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
10. Is there any limitation on reloading?
Starbucks Card can be reloaded in denominations of US Dollar for any amount between US$2.50 and US$500, provided that US$500 is the maximum amount a card can hold at any time.
11. How can I check my Starbucks Card balance?
You can check your Starbucks Card balance at https://card.starbucks.com.kh or through the Starbucks® Cambodia app or ask the barista at any Starbucks stores.
12. How do I use my Starbucks Card for payment?
Please present your Starbucks Card or barcode in the Starbucks® Cambodia app to the barista upon payment.
13. Can I get a refund from my Starbucks Card?
Once the value is loaded, you cannot request a refund.
14. Does a Starbucks Card have an expiry date?
Your Starbucks Card will expire three (3) years after the last financial transaction. The term “financial transaction” shall mean one of the following actions:
• Redemption of rewards for a registered Starbucks Card
• Purchasing Transaction
• Fund Transfer (as defined herein below) between the registered Starbucks Cards.
After the expiry date, such Starbucks Card will be cancelled immediately and become invalid.
15. If I reload my card outside Cambodia, can I use the money to purchase and get rewards in Cambodia?
Starbucks Card can only be used to make purchases and be reloaded in any participating Starbucks store in Cambodia. Please be also advised that you may earn your Stars or redeem your rewards solely at participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia.
Section 2: Questions About Starbucks Rewards™ Program
1. How do I join Starbucks RewardsTM Program with my Starbucks Cards?
You can enroll in Starbucks Rewards™ Program and begin accumulating Stars by visiting https://card.starbucks.com.kh or installing the Starbucks® Cambodia app and following prompts to create a Starbucks Rewards™ account and register at least one (1) activated physical Starbucks Card to such account. Upon signing up an account, you will receive a verification email to your email address that is used for signing up and activating your account.
2. How many Starbucks Rewards™ accounts can I have at any time?
3. How many Starbucks Cards can I register/add to my Starbucks RewardsTM account?
You can register / add a maximum of twenty (20) activated Starbucks Cards in your Starbucks RewardsTM account.
4. Can I transfer the registered Starbucks Card balance between my registered Starbucks Cards?
The balance in a registered Starbucks Card can be fully transferred to another registered Starbucks Card balance within that same account, but a partial transfer is not permitted. The transferred Starbucks Card becomes empty yet remains active for further reloading and use. The transfer of balance in each Starbucks Card can be only performed personally by you via our website or through the Starbucks® Cambodia app.
5. How does the Starbucks Rewards™ Program work?
Only transactions paid using registered Starbucks Card can earn Stars which shall be added into your Starbucks Rewards™ account.
The benefits that are available to you through Starbucks Rewards™ Program are based on the number of “Stars” that you earn. You can earn Stars by making purchases at any participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia and presenting your relevant registered Starbucks Card or barcode in the Starbucks® Cambodia app to the barista upon payment.
You will earn Stars based on the value of your purchase at the rate of one (1) Star for each United States Dollars fifty cent (USD0.50) spent using any of your registered Starbucks Card.
Currently, there are two (2) levels of benefits within Starbucks Rewards™ Program that are determined by the number of Stars that you accumulate in your account for each consecutive twelve (12)-months period.
Green Level: By registering only one (1) of your activated Starbucks Card, you are automatically enrolled into the “Green Level” of the Starbucks Rewards™ Program, which means you will receive the following benefits:
• One "Birthday Reward" offer on tall size beverage in your birthday month. (Free drink offer is valid in birthday month)
• Double stars earned on the first purchase within 30 days after registration.
• Earn 5 bonus stars for every cup of promotional beverage during first week of launch.
Gold Level: Upon earning two hundred (200) Stars in a twelve (12)-months period, you will be placed at the “Gold Level” and your Star balance will be reset. the reset at Gold Level means the Stars will automatically be converted into a number of free drink(s) (rounded down) and will only indicate the balance remaining Stars after such conversion. Gold Level benefits include:
• All Green Level benefits (subject to certain conditions), plus:
• Birthday Reward
• One Free Drink Reward. You can redeem for a free tall beverage with every 100 Stars collected. (Free drink offer is valid for 1 month after date of reward)
• Earn 5 bonus stars for every cup of promotional beverage during first week of launch.
• Earn 7 bonus stars for every serve-ware purchase.
• Exclusive offers and promotions.
6. What is a Star and how do I earn one?
You will earn Stars and receive in-store benefits simply by fully paying for a transaction with any Starbucks Card registered to your account at any participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia. You can track your Stars online or on your device by logging into your account at https://card.starbucks.com.kh or through the Starbucks® Cambodia app.
7. How are Stars earned?
One Star will be earned for every US$0.50 spent from your Starbucks account with your registered Starbucks Card or the Starbucks® Cambodia app at participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia. Earning of Stars is attained only through purchases in-store and does not include loading of monetary value into Starbucks Card(s).
8. Can I earn Stars if I pay with cash or a credit or debit card instead of my registered Starbucks Card?
To earn Stars on your purchases at participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia, you must pay with a registered Starbucks Card. We cannot award you Stars and reward you for purchases made with another form of payment. You can use your credit card or cash to reload your Starbucks Card.
9. Do my Stars expire?
Yes, after registering, you have 12 months to accumulate two hundred (200) Stars to reach Gold Level.
To maintain your Gold Level, you must re-qualify each subsequent 12 months by earning at least 200 Stars and your Star count will be reset on your anniversary date (12 months from the date you reach the Gold level). For your information, the reset at Gold Level means the Stars will automatically be converted into a number of free drink(s) (rounded down) and will only indicate the balance remaining Stars after such conversion. For example, if you have 150 Stars, the reset at Gold Level means you will be entitled to 1 free drink and you will have a balance of 50 Stars. Otherwise, you will be placed at the Green level and your Star balance will automatically reset to zero (0) on your anniversary date.
If you did not earn two hundred (200) Stars within a twelve (12)-month period to upgrade to the Gold Level, you will remain at the “Green Level” and your Star balance will be reset to zero (0) on your anniversary date.
10. How are the Stars used?
The Stars are simply used to determine the level of membership and accumulate to Free Drinks Rewards for a free beverage. Please refer to the table below for information on membership level.
|Number of Stars||Membership Level|
|0 - 99||Green|
|100 - 100+||Gold|
At the moment, you will need to make purchase by your registered Starbucks Card in order for us to log your Stars. If you have downloaded the Starbucks® Cambodia app onto your phone, and have signed in using the same email address in which you have registered, you can also make your payment through presenting relevant barcode in the Starbucks® Cambodia app to the barista at a participating Starbucks store. For details, please go to https://card.starbucks.com.kh.
12. How soon will I be able to see the Stars I’ve earned after using my registered Starbucks Card?
Stars earned from using your registered Starbucks Card will be available on your account at the earliest after the transaction is completed or within 48 hours.
13. How do I redeem the offers?
Just inform the barista in any of the participating Starbucks stores in Cambodia that you would like to redeem your reward. You may scan the barcode in your Starbucks® Cambodia app or simply present one of your registered Starbucks Cards. In addition, you must fully pay for the transaction (except redeeming free rewards) with your registered Starbucks Card in order to earn or redeem the rewards.
Reminder: Different rewards have their respective expiry dates. Your redeemable Stars will expire on your anniversary date while other rewards in your Starbucks account will expire upon the conditions of that promotion. You can track your rewards at our website https://card.starbucks.com.kh or through the Starbucks® Cambodia app. Please be sure to redeem your rewards before they expire.
14. Any time-limit in collecting Stars to reach the next level?
The Stars accumulated will be calculated annually on your membership expiry date anniversary date (the date you qualified for the current level of membership) to determine the level of membership you are in. Stars accumulated will be calculated independently each year.
15. How do I maintain Gold Level status?
You will be at Gold Level for a full year from that date at which you reach Gold Level status, which is your new program anniversary date. Simply earn 200 additional Stars before your anniversary date (the date you earned Gold) and continue to enjoy all of the Gold level benefits for another year.
16. Is there a fee to join Starbucks Rewards™?
There is no membership fee associated with Starbucks Rewards™ Program, but an activated Starbucks Card with minimum value of US$5 is required to register a Starbucks Rewards™ account.
17. Can I view my transaction history?
You can view your transaction history through our website https://card.starbucks.com.kh or download the Starbucks® Cambodia app and access it in your Account Transaction History.
18. Can I view my list of rewards?
You can view your list of rewards through our website https://card.starbucks.com.kh or download the Starbucks® Cambodia app and through it you will also be able to view your list of rewards.
19. How do I check my Starbucks Card balance?
You can log into your account and view the remaining values via our website https://card.starbucks.com.kh. Alternatively, you can also download the Starbucks® Cambodia app and through it you will also be able to see the remaining values on your cards, or visit at any participating Starbucks store in Cambodia and check with the barista.
20. After I have received printed physical receipt, can I check transaction history in the Starbucks® Cambodia app?
Yes, you can check the all transaction records of your registered Starbucks Cards through the Starbucks® Cambodia app (Account Transaction History) or website in section Transaction History. The detail is the same as the printed receipt.
21. What if my Star balance doesn’t look right? Who do I contact?
We want to make sure the balance on your account reflects your purchases accurately. If the total number of Stars doesn’t appear to be correct, please contact our Customer Care Hotline: 023 986 591.
Be sure to have your 16-digit Starbucks Card number available with you for verification purposes. Please note that the detailed allocation of Stars and transaction history are updated every 48 hours.
22. Why is registration necessary in order to join the Starbucks Rewards™ Program?
Registering your Starbucks Card is the only way to join the Starbucks Rewards™ Program. Your enrollment signs you up to enjoy special offers and rewards available exclusively for Starbucks Rewards™ members. Additionally, by registering your card, you receive Stars balance protection in case your card is lost, stolen or destroyed. Finally, with the registered Starbucks Card, you can manage your account and card(s) in a variety of ways, including making payments through the Starbucks® Cambodia app.
Please note that a valid email address, mailing address, birth month and mobile number is required when registering your card.
23. Can the card be refunded?
Any amount/value stored in your Starbucks Card cannot be refunded.
24. Can the Stars in my account be transferred to someone else?
Sorry, Stars collected in each account can only be used by that account holder, and cannot be transferred to another account.
25. Can I transfer a Starbucks Rewards™ membership to someone else?
Sorry, memberships are non-transferable and cannot be shared with family members, friends and others.
26. How does Starbucks protect my privacy after I register my Starbucks Card?
27. Will my data provided be given to other companies?
28. Are all Starbucks Card eligible for Starbucks Rewards™ benefits?
All registered Starbucks Cards are eligible. Cards purchased or registered outside of Cambodia are not accepted as forms of tender and will not earn Stars or Starbucks Rewards™ benefits.
29. Why can’t I update the Starbucks® Cambodia app to the latest version on my smartphone?
If you are an existing user of the Starbucks® Cambodia app (iOS/Android version) and you cannot update the app to the latest version automatically, simply uninstall the existing app and download the latest version from the App Store/Google Play Store to discover the new features.