Last updated: 16 November 2015
What Type of Information Does Starbucks Collect?
Personal Information that may be collected by Starbucks may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information.
We may also collect information about you or others as you provided such as:
- If you create an account - your username, password, your birthday, gender and mobile phone number.
- If you buy goods at our stores or through our programs or otherwise - what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy, rewards you earn, and rewards you redeem.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information, your comments, feedback, questions or suggestions, and information about subjects that may interest you.
Automatic data collection via Cookies and Web Beacons
To identify Local Shared Objects on your computer and adjust your settings, visit:Macromedia Settings Manager
Starbucks may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you. We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
How Does Starbucks Use Information About You and Others that you provided?
Starbucks may use information about you or others that you provided for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or with our Services. For example, we may use information about you or others that you provided to:
- Process and manage your purchase and use of Starbucks products and services, including your accounts and program participation, your use of the Sites.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- Communicate with you about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and your requests for information.
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers in relation to food and beverage and catering services.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Cambodia.
Does Starbucks Share Personal Information or Information of Others that you provided with Third Parties?
Starbucks shares your personal information or information of others that you provided in limited ways.
- We may share personal information about you with others with your consent.
- We may share information with Starbucks Corporation and its subsidiaries and licensees and our parent and other affiliated companies.
- We may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors or other payment services providers, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
- If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Starbucks may disclose customers statistics to those involved in the negotiation or personal information after the transfer.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
What Choices Does Starbucks Offer About Personal Information?
Starbucks offers choices for you to request to access, update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you or contact Starbucks Cambodia data privacy officer below.
- Log in to your Starbucks.com.kh account, if you have one, and visit the profile management section to manage your contact information (SMS text, email and postal address) preferences and to update your personal information.
- Call (855) 023 986 590
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
You can at any time contact Starbucks Cambodia data privacy officer at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Coffee Concepts (Cambodia) Limited
Unit 6-8, 7/F, #22 St. Mao Tse Toung
Sangkat Boeng Trabek, Khan Chamkarmon
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or Services on our Sites.
Starbucks will not retain your personal information one year after termination of your account or Starbucks Card and such information will be erased thereafter. Information of others that you provided will be erased upon the termination of the purpose for which you provided such information.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Starbucks takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information and information of others that you provided, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
Starbucks Customer Relations can be contacted online at email@example.com or call (855) 023 986 590 or by postal mail to the following:
Coffee Concepts (Cambodia) Limited
Unit 6 – 8, 7/F, #22 St. Mao Tse Toung,
Sangkat Boeng Trabek, Khan Chamkarmon,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia